Milwaukee homeowners save money through Tool Loan Program
MILWAUKEE — When something breaks at your house, getting it fixed can come with a hefty price tag, but there’s a program that’s helping Milwaukee homeowners save money on repairs.
A group called Housing Resources, Inc. lends tools to homeowners through its tool loan program.
“This program is close to my heart. We understand that people want to keep their homes up and have pride and ownership,” said Housing Resources Inc. Executive Director, Trena Bond.
People pay a membership fee of $25.00 a year, and then, they can borrow tools whenever they need them throughout the year. People use the tools for home repairs and renovations.
“Wonderful asset to the community. This is an opportunity for people to be able to contribute to the community standards in the neighborhood,” said 1st District Alderman, Ashanti Hamilton.
The organization says it stocks a variety of hand and power tools from screwdrivers, hammers, saws and a long list of other items.
As long as you live in the city of Milwaukee, you can sign up for the program, but you must be a homeowner.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- "World's most haunted island" up for auction & could be yours!