Kilbourn Bridge will be closed overnight
MILWAUKEE — The Kilbourn Bridge over the Milwaukee River will be closed to street and pedestrian traffic for maintenance activities from 6:00 p.m. Wednesday, June 6th to 4:00 a.m., Thursday, June 7th.
Crews will be replacing portions of the lubricating system to ensure smooth and reliable operations over the summer months.
This work requires the bridge to be opened, and will be completed overnight to minimize the impact to downtown traffic and pedestrians. This is especially important since the Juneau Avenue Bridge and the Wisconsin Avenue Bridge are closed for construction.
Adequate traffic signage and barricading will be installed. The bridge warning lights and bells will be disabled to accommodate the adjacent hotel guests.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- "World's most haunted island" up for auction & could be yours!