Man accused of driving into motorcycles now jailed
Crash involving car, ten motorcycles in Fond du Lac County
FOND DU LAC (AP) — A Hilbert man accused of driving into a group of motorcyclists is now out of the hospital and in the Fond du Lac County Jail.
One man died in the crash and three others are still hospitalized in critical condition. The crash occurred Thursday afternoon, May 31st on Highway 151.
The 25-year-old man faces charges of homicide by negligent use of a motor vehicle and felony bail jumping. He’s scheduled to make his first appearance in court on Tuesday, June 5th.
Officials say his car crossed the center line on Highway 151 Thursday and hit 10 motorcycles.
Fond du Lac County Sheriff’s Capt. Dean Will says the man told police he doesn’t remember anything. It could take weeks before police receive results of blood tests.
59-year-old Daniel Lee Winsemius of Twin Lake, Michigan died in the crash.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Now in custody; woman who vanished after 2013 credit union robbery
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed