Spokesman: Obama hopeful Barrett ‘prevails’ in recall
Obama’s spokesman Jay Carney was asked during a briefing Monday, June 4th in Washington why Obama wasn’t campaigning for Barrett in Wisconsin. Obama was in neighboring Minnesota on Friday, June 1st, but did not venture into Wisconsin.
Carney says the president supports and stands by Barrett. He says “you have a unique situation in Wisconsin where the election is the result of a recall petition but the president absolutely stands by Tom Barrett and hopes he prevails.”
Former President Bill Clinton did campaign for Barrett on Friday in Milwaukee.
Recent polls show Walker with a narrow lead over Barrett.
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo