Man accused of driving into motorcyclists criminally charged
FOND DU LAC — 25-year-old Clinton Lovelace of Hilbert is facing multiple criminal charges. This, for allegedly crossing the center line with his car and slamming head-on into a group of motorcyclists.
Lovelace was arrested after being released from the hospital and was expected to make his first court appearance Tuesday, June 5th.
Lovelace is now charged with one count of second degree reckless homicide, three counts of second degree reckless injury, one count of second degree recklessly endangering safety and one count of felony bail jumping.
Authorities say he crossed the center line on Highway 151 in Fond du Lac County on May 31st and then crashed into ten motorcycles. One man died in the crash and three others are still hospitalized in critical condition.
Fond du Lac County Sheriff’s Capt. Dean Will says Lovelace told police he doesn’t remember anything. It could take weeks before police receive results of blood tests.
If convicted on all charges, Lovelace could face more than 78 years in prison.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- Memorial planned for motorcyclist killed in Fond du Lac Co. crash
- Michigan man killed in Fond du Lac Co. accident, nine hurt
- One dead, nine hurt after crash involving car, motorcycles
- Motorcycle community shaken Fond du Lac Co. crash
The Associated Press contributed to this report. Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo