Milwaukee police investigate shooting near 50th and W. Center
Milwaukee Police Department
MILWAUKEE — Milwaukee police are investigating a shooting incident that occurred Monday night, June 4th.
Police say around 8:30 p.m., officers responded to a report of a shooting at N. 50th St. and W. Center St.
Two women were walking along W. Center St. when they saw a man shooting a handgun at another man who was in the roadway on Center St. A 19-year-old woman was struck in the left leg by a bullet and taken to the hospital. Neither woman appears to have been the intended target of the shooting suspect.
A short time later, police say a 19-year-old man with a gunshot wound to the rear of his upper left leg was dropped off at the hospital. Police say the man indicated he had been shot near 50th and Center.
Police say the man had marijuana and a digital scale in his possession. He also had open warrants for his arrest, including one for possession of marijuana.
The man was treated and taken into custody by police.
Police say the investigation into this incident is ongoing.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- MISSING: Police ask for your help in locating 13-year-old girl