Greinke strikes out 12, Brewers beat Cubs 8-0
MILWAUKEE (AP) — Zack Greinke had a season-high 12 strikeouts and the Milwaukee Brewers rediscovered their offense, beating the Chicago Cubs 8-0 on Wednesday night, June 6th.
Greinke (7-2) extended his home winning streak to 15 straight decisions at Miller Park.
Greinke gave up two hits in seven innings, with two walks and a wild pitch.
Brooks Conrad — who came into Wednesday’s game batting .059 this season — had a two-run single for the Brewers, while Ryan Braun and Cody Ransom each had RBI doubles. Norichika Aoki had a walk and three hits after being moved to the leadoff spot and Taylor Green hit a three-run homer, the first of his career.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- CUTE ALERT! Baby unable to talk, yet argues with father