Total spending on recall races expected to top $125 million
MADISON (AP) — Total spending on 15 recall races, including the one targeting Gov. Scott Walker, will easily top $125 million.
That is the latest estimate by the government watchdog group the Wisconsin Democracy Campaign.
The group on Thursday, Jun 7th released new estimates that show spending on Walker’s race by the candidates and outside groups will reach between $75 million and $80 million.
Last summer about $44 million was spent on nine state Senate recalls.
Based on the estimates, spending on the Walker recall and last year’s Senate recalls will be about $125 million. And that doesn’t count spending on this year’s recalls targeting four Senate seats and Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch, which will add millions more.
- Popular TV program "Cosmos" makes a comeback on FOX Sunday night
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
- Police investigating death of baby boy, mother in custody
- Four teens shot while inside vehicle, one critically injured
- One person killed after car strikes tree in Milwaukee