Waukesha man walks 232 miles to raise money for clean water
WAUKESHA — A Waukesha man braved blisters and shin splints to raise money for a special cause.
“My goal was to walk from the Mississippi River, from the water there, to Lake Michigan, am going to jump in the water to celebrate,” Andy Stenz said.
Stenz spent 11 days walking 232 miles from LaCrosse to Milwaukee to raise money for the group “Walk for Clean Water.”
Stenz said he was inspired by the fact that billions of people lack access to clean water, so they are forced to walk long ways to find it.
The money he raised will go towards various clean water projects.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- MISSING: Police ask for your help in locating 13-year-old girl