West Allis intersection now open after water main break
WEST ALLIS — A water main break shut down one of the busiest intersections in West Allis for much of the day Friday, June 8th. The water main break affected the intersection of Highway 100 and Greenfield Ave.
According to West Allis police, around 6 a.m. Friday, officers noticed the road beginning to buckle at the intersection. That was the result of a 12-inch water main break.
It didn’t take long for the ground to give way to a small geyser spouting up through the street in the middle of Greenfield Avenue’s southbound lanes.
Water service in the city was not affected by the water main break.
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo