Gov. Walker schedules brat summit for Tuesday
Gov. Scott Walker
MADISON (AP) — Gov. Scott Walker has scheduled his brat summit with state lawmakers for Tuesday, June 12th — one week after he won a recall election.
Walker promised the night of the election that he would start mending political wounds by inviting both Democrats and Republicans to the governor’s residence for a casual get together over brats and beers.
Walker has set the cookout for Tuesday. Walker’s first year-and-a-half in office has been marked by deep partisan division, which helped spark the recall drive.
After his seven-point win, both Walker and Democrats talked about the need to move forward in a more bipartisan way.
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo