DA seeks to charge teen as adult for Fond du Lac arrow shooting
FOND du LAC (AP) — The Fond du Lac County District Attorney wants to charge a teen as an adult for allegedly shooting an arrow that struck a seven-year-old.
The 16-year-old Campbellsport boy faces second-degree reckless injury and obstructing charges for the May 20th incident. Sheriff Mick Fink says the teen told police he was shooting at a squirrel and then heard a child scream.
He says investigators determined the arrow was fired from a deck at an apartment complex around 80 yards from where Aryanna Schneeberg was struck. The girl is recovering at home.
District Attorney Dan Kaminsky says he has petitioned to try the teenager as an adult. He says a judge will decide the matter at a future court date.
- Campbellsport boy charged in Fond du Lac arrow shooting
- 16-year-old arrested for hitting girl with arrow in Campbellsport
- Seven-year-old girl shot by arrow now home, recovering
- $500 reward offered for information in arrow incident
- Mother of girl shot and wounded by arrow talked about incident
- Seven-year-old girl hospitalized after being shot with arrow
- Doctors treating girl shot by arrow hold press conference