Woman intentionally set on fire at Florida gas station
BOYNTON BEACH, Florida — Police in South Florida released surveillance video of a gas station attack that left a burning mother screaming for help. WARNING: The video below may be too graphic for some.
The incident happened Monday morning, June 11th at a 7-Eleven gas station in Boynton Beach. Video shows the woman trying to hold the doors of the convenience store shut to keep a man at bay.
Police say the attacker, 59-year-old Roosevelt Mondesir, is the father of the victim’s four-year-old son.
Investigators say the man snatched the 40-year-old woman from the protection of the store, poured gas on her, ignited the fire and took off.
Officers arrived to find the woman engulfed in flames. The police rushed to extinguish the fire and take the woman to a hospital.
About two hours later, officers tracked the suspect down and took him into custody. He now faces an attempted first-degree murder charge.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- CUTE ALERT! Baby unable to talk, yet argues with father