Butler has go-ahead RBI as Royals beat Brewers 2-1
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Billy Butler drove in the go-ahead run in the eighth inning Tuesday night, and the Royals got a superb start from Luis Mendoza to spoil Zack Greinke’s return to Kansas City with a 2-1 win over the Milwaukee Brewers.
Alex Gordon homered to lead off the bottom of the first, and then doubled leading off the eighth, heading to third base on a sacrifie bunt by Chris Getz. That set the table for Butler, who sent a pitch from Francisco Rodriguez (0-4) into center field to score the go-ahead run.
Mendoza didn’t allow a hit until he got into trouble in the seventh, and the Kansas City bullpen came through with aplomb.
Aaron Crow limited the damage to Rickie Weeks’ tying single, and Greg Holland (2-2) survived a shaky eighth inning to get the game to Jonathan Broxton.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed