Carmex celebrates its 75th anniversary
FRANKLIN — Carmex is celebrating 75 years of being in business in southeast Wisconsin.
Mixed-media artist Lisa Pavelka created 366 custom Carmex lip balm jars, one for each day this year. The collection is part of a year-long celebration to honor the 75th anniversary of Carma Laboratories in Franklin.
Pavelka said her inspiration for each container came from different places.
“Some of them are technique-based on the techniques I have learned. Others are developed over the years, in the mediums I work in. Other ones are images to people in my life, thematic concepts for my birthday. There’s jars that have shout outs to various causes like breast cancer and of course obviously there’s holidays,” Pavelka said.
To check out all of the Carmex jars and learn more about Pavelka, CLICK HERE.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man arrested after backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized; cancels Tuesday night show in Kansas City