Common Council unanimously rejects “Silk East” club plan
Aldermen voted unanimously Tuesday, June 12th against giving Silk’s owners a license. Silk made a similar attempt for a license to build a club downtown back in 2010.
Opponents say “Silk East” would hurt development efforts, cause noise, litter and traffic problems and exploit women.
The club would have been located on Old World 3rd Street.
- Popular TV program "Cosmos" makes a comeback on FOX Sunday night
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
- Police investigating death of baby boy, mother in custody
- Four teens shot while inside vehicle, one critically injured
- One person killed after car strikes tree in Milwaukee