Common Council unanimously rejects “Silk East” club plan
Aldermen voted unanimously Tuesday, June 12th against giving Silk’s owners a license. Silk made a similar attempt for a license to build a club downtown back in 2010.
Opponents say “Silk East” would hurt development efforts, cause noise, litter and traffic problems and exploit women.
The club would have been located on Old World 3rd Street.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed