Royals rally with two in 9th to beat Brewers 4-3
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Brayan Pena drove in the tying run in the ninth inning, and Jarrod Dyson scored the winning run on a misguided cutoff throw across the infield, giving the Kansas City Royals a 4-3 victory over the Milwaukee Brewers on Thursday night, June 14th.
The wild ninth inning began when Mitch Maier reached first base while striking out on a wild pitch against Brewers closer John Axford (1-3), whoalso blew a save chance the previous night.
Axford retired Mike Moustakas and Alcides Escobar to bring up the light-hitting Dyson, who managed to draw a walk. Pena came in to pinch hit for Humberto Quintero and singled to left, allowing Maier to round third base and score the tying run.
Brewers shortstop Edwin Maysonet cut off the throw from the outfield and fired to second, where Pena had started to head, allowing Dyson to speed home with the winning run.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- "World's most haunted island" up for auction & could be yours!