6-15-12: Past with Asparagus, Shrimp, & Oven-Roasted Tomatoes
Looking for new dinner ideas? Chef Feker joins FOX6 WakeUp to make a homemade pasta with asparagus, shrimp, and oven-roasted tomatoes in a garlic basil sauce.
IL MITOS HOMEMADE PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS, SHRIMP
AND OVEN-ROASTED TOMATOES IN A GARLIC BASIL SAUCE
• 1lb your favorite pasta (fresh, homemade preferred. Visit http://www.ilmito.com for my recipe)
• 1 head of garlic, roasted and pureed
• 3 cloves garlic, chopped
• 6 Sprigs Italian parsley, chopped
• 1 teaspoon butter
• 1 tablespoon E.V.O.O
• 1 teaspoon Chili flakes
• 1/2 lb Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
• 1/2 lb asparagus, blanched and cut into bite size pieces
• 1/3 Cup Pesto
• 1/3 Cup heavy cream
• 5 basil leaves, cut into thin strips
• 1/4 Cup White Dry White Wine
• 5 Roma tomatoes, roasted
1. Boil your water for pasta.
2. Meanwhile, in a large pan heat the olive oil and the butter over medium heat.
3. Sauté the chopped garlic, chili flakes and parsley.
4. When the garlic is lightly golden, add the white wine and bring to a boil.
5. Add the shrimp, then add the roasted garlic and stir to incorporate.
6. Add the asparagus, the basil strips and tomatoes.
7. When you pasta water is boiling, start to cook your pasta.
8. When the shrimp is almost done, turn off the heat and wait until your pasta is ready.
9. Strain your pasta well and toss with the sauce.
10. Add the cream and 3 tablespoons of the water that the pasta was cooked in. Season with salt andpepper to your liking, finally add enough pesto so that all the pasta is evenly coated.