Span has RBI single in 15th; Twins beat Brewers
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Denard Span had an RBI single with two outs in the 15th inning and the Minnesota Twins rallied to beat the Milwaukee Brewers 5-4 Sunday, June 17th in the longest game played at 2-year-old Target Field.
Jamey Carroll had four hits for the Twins, who rallied from a three-run deficit. Minnesota’s bullpen pitched nine shutout innings. Anthony Swarzak (1-4) worked a perfect 14th.
Trevor Plouffe led off the 15th with a single off Tim Dillard (0-2), and went to second on a single by Brian Dozier, two batters later. Carroll then lined a single to right field. Plouffe ran through a stop sign by third base coach Steve Liddle and was tagged out in a rundown.
Dozier advanced to third base during the play.
Left-hander Juan Perez came in to face Span, who hit the third pitch he saw between the first and second basemen for the winning RBI.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man arrested after backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized; cancels Tuesday night show in Kansas City