Brewers hit four homers in 8-3 win over Blue Jays
MILWAUKEE (AP) — Yovani Gallardo pitched into the seventh inning, Ryan Braun hit one of Milwaukee’s four homers and the Brewers beat the Toronto Blue Jays 8-3 on Wednesday, June 20th.
The Brewers bounced back from a demoralizing ninth-inning loss Tuesday night to take two out of three from the Blue Jays.
Gallardo (6-5) went 6 2-3 innings, giving up three runs and seven hits with two walks and seven strikeouts. Gallardo’s outing provided some much-needed rest for Milwaukee’s overworked bullpen.
With injuries testing the depth of Toronto’s piching, Milwaukee got to Blue Jays emergency starter Joel Carreno (0-2) early, hitting three home runs in a five-run second.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man arrested after backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized; cancels Tuesday night show in Kansas City