Brewers hit four homers in 8-3 win over Blue Jays
MILWAUKEE (AP) — Yovani Gallardo pitched into the seventh inning, Ryan Braun hit one of Milwaukee’s four homers and the Brewers beat the Toronto Blue Jays 8-3 on Wednesday, June 20th.
The Brewers bounced back from a demoralizing ninth-inning loss Tuesday night to take two out of three from the Blue Jays.
Gallardo (6-5) went 6 2-3 innings, giving up three runs and seven hits with two walks and seven strikeouts. Gallardo’s outing provided some much-needed rest for Milwaukee’s overworked bullpen.
With injuries testing the depth of Toronto’s piching, Milwaukee got to Blue Jays emergency starter Joel Carreno (0-2) early, hitting three home runs in a five-run second.
- Popular TV program "Cosmos" makes a comeback on FOX Sunday night
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
- Police investigating death of baby boy, mother in custody
- Four teens shot while inside vehicle, one critically injured
- One person killed after car strikes tree in Milwaukee