Gov. Walker meets with boy on heart transplant list at Children’s Hospital
A friend of Parker’s family contacted Gov. Walker’s office because Parker wanted to meet Walker.
Parker was born with “hypoplastic left heart syndrome” — a congenital heart disease.
Parker had his first of three heart surgeries days after he was born, and his last surgery in 2009. He has been on the heart transplant waiting list since February of 2011.
“It’s still surreal that I’m on anyone’s list,” Walker said during the visit. “It’s a good reminder about signing up to be a donor on your drivers license, not only for Blake, but for a lot of other kids.”
Other things on Parker’s wish list include being a zookeeper for a day and going skydiving.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- Rosie O'Donnell 50 pounds lighter! How'd she do it?