Ryan Braun is helping raise money to fight AIDS
MILWAUKEE (AP) — The Milwaukee Brewers’ Ryan Braun is helping out the state’s largest AIDS fundraiser.
The National League MVP has been named the honorary chair of AIDS Walk Wisconsin 2012. In a statement, he said he is proud to do whatever he can to raise awareness and generate support.
The Oct. 6th walk is put on by AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin, which helps raise money and provide resources for the nearly 6,600 people with HIV in Wisconsin.
The fundraiser, held in Milwaukee, has raised more than $10.5 million over 22 years. Last year, Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews was the honorary chair.
- Popular TV program "Cosmos" makes a comeback on FOX Sunday night
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
- Police investigating death of baby boy, mother in custody
- Four teens shot while inside vehicle, one critically injured
- One person killed after car strikes tree in Milwaukee