Packers’ Jennings joins United Way to recruit tutors, mentors
The United Way of Greater Milwaukee is participating in the summit as part of “Team Jennings.”
Thursday, June 21st was the fifth annual National Day of Action, during which hundreds of United Ways around the United States engaged in service projects to advance education, income and health initiatives.
To commemorate the day, TEAM NFL took to Capitol Hill to speak with members of Congress about education issues.
As representatives of TEAM NFL, each player has a goal to recruit 3,000 volunteer pledges (99,000 total), accounting for almost 10 percent of the United Way recruitment goal.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- CUTE ALERT! Baby unable to talk, yet argues with father