Wisconsin food products judged at State Fair Park
MILWAUKEE — Some Wisconsin food products were judged Thursday, June 21st at State Fair Park.
The finest Wisconsin cheeses, butters, meats and wine were tasted and judged for the Wisconsin State Fair.
Dairy manufacturers from across the state submitted hundreds of entries into the contest, and a team of judges evaluated the products and issued scores according to flavor, appearance and texture.
The “Blue Ribbon” products in each of the 26 categories competed in a final round, with the overall winner named the “Grand Master Cheesemaker.”
Some of the “Blue Ribbon” entries will be auctioned off as a fundraising event for the Wisconsin Dairy Promotion Board, who will utilize proceeds to award five $1,000 scholarships for students pursuing dairy-related degrees.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed
- Now in custody; woman who vanished after 2013 credit union robbery
- "World's most haunted island" up for auction & could be yours!