Gearing up for the second annual “Rock ‘n Sole Run”
MILWAUKEE — Thousands of runners will pound the pavement at the second annual “Rock ‘n Sole Run” on Milwaukee’s lakefront Saturday. And this year, a new race director hopes for a smoother race.
Heat, humidity and not enough water put a damper on the race in 2011. But this year, there’s a new focus on safety. The race will be getting off to an earlier start — and more volunteers will line the course with more water.
“We’ll have over 30 guys that have managed races all over that will be there to make sure the volunteers know what’s going on and take care of the participants and make sure everyone has a nice safe race,” said race director Jeff Graves.
The runners taking part got their numbers and shirts at the pre-race expo on Friday.
Summerfest organizers expect the changes in the run will make it a tradition; a kickoff to a Milwaukee staple.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Now in custody; woman who vanished after 2013 credit union robbery
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"