2nd annual Summerfest Rock ‘n Sole Run is a success
MILWAUKEE — Big changes for the second annual Summerfest Rock ‘n Sole Run made for success on Saturday, June 23rd.
More than 7,000 runners pounded the pavement and ran across the Hoan Bridge. This time around, there were few worries for race organizers. The weather was cool, there was plenty of water, and there were more volunteers.
Heat and humidity put a damper on the race in 2011. In fact, it caused ten people to go to the hospital.
“We made some major changes this year, the race director itself,” said John Boler. “The date of the race so it actually kicks off summerfest instead of being on the final day of Summerfest.”
Capping off the race was live music and free beer. Next up, the 45th annual Summerfest.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man arrested after backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized; cancels Tuesday night show in Kansas City