23-year-old Milwaukee man sets dog on fire
MILWAUKEE — Five-month-old dachshund Remmy is recovering after having more than 25% of his body burned while in his kennel. We’re told the dog will require surgery, and plastic parts of the dog’s kennel are still in his fur.
The 23-year-old son of the dog’s owner was the one who started the fire. When the owner came back home she called police who arrested her son for animal cruelty. She says, “He’s been suffering from mental illness for about four years now. He’s at the point where it’s getting really extreme, he refuses to take his medication refuses to get treatment. We’ve been trying to take care of it as a family, but apparently he needed more help than what I can give him.”
Remmy is expected to make a full recovery. The dog owner says she’s tried different programs for her son. The dog owner says, “Hopefully they won’t be too hard oh him, just give him all the help that he needs so he can succeed. He’s a really great kid growing up, and I just really hate to see him go this route.”
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Now in custody; woman who vanished after 2013 credit union robbery
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"