MCTS encourages you to ride the bus to Summerfest
MILWAUKEE — The Milwaukee County Transit System (MCTS) is once again offering several options for Summerfest goers to get to the Big Gig. Those include Freeway Flyer buses as well as downtown shuttles.
DOWNTOWN SHUTTLE SERVICE
The Shuttle operates Downtown from 11:30 am to 12:30 am every day during Summerfest and provides service to the North Gate. Bus service runs every 7 to 10 minutes. Buses operate in both directions along Wisconsin Avenue, except where the bus detours to travel along Michigan Street during the Milwaukee River Bridge construction (see map). When traveling to Summerfest, the Shuttle stops between N. James Lovell Street and N. Jackson Street, then proceeds directly to the North Gate. Stops are made at all bus stops marked with the Summerfest smile logo.
Those parking away from Summerfest will have easy access to the freeway with less traffic when they leave downtown. Individuals going north, south or west, can enter I-43 from 6th and McKinley.
Round trip adult fare is $3.00 while children (6-11), seniors (65 and over) and persons with disabilities with proper ID pay $1.50 round trip. Pay when boarding to Summerfest. Riders can still use a valid transfer or weekly pass as fare. Also, more than 10 regular MCTS routes travel to the downtown area from which riders can connect to a Shuttle.
FREEWAY FLYER SERVICE
Freeway Flyers operate from 10 park-ride lots to the Summerfest Main Gate (see map). Unless otherwise noted, Flyers provide service on weekdays, every half-hour on the hour and half-hour from 11:30 am to 5:00 pm, and every 15 minutes from 5:00 pm to 12:30 am. On Saturdays and Sundays, service is every 15-20 minutes, except service to the Southridge Park-Ride Lot, which is every 15-30 minutes on weekends.
The following is a list of park-ride lots from which the Flyers operate:
- College – (Route 40) College Ave., at I-94 (both lots)
- Brown Deer East – (Route 49) Brown Deer Rd., west of I-43
- Green Bay Rd. – (Route 49) Green Bay Rd., just north of Brown Deer Rd.
- Holt - (Route 47) Holt Ave. west of I-94
- Loomis – (Route 47) Loomis Rd., south of Coldspring Rd.
- Ryan Road – (Route 41) Ryan Road and I-94
- Southridge - (Route 46) Edgerton & S. 72nd St., mall parking lot*
- State Fair Park – (Route 44) I-94, S. 76th and W. Kearney.
- Watertown Plank – (Route 45) Watertown Plank Rd. west of U.S. Hwy. 45
- Whitnall/Hales Corners – (Route 43) I-43, east of S. 108th St.
*Southridge Park-Ride Lot weekend service is every 15-30 minutes.
FREEWAY FLYER FARE
Round trip adult fare is $6.50 while children (6-11), seniors (65 and over) and persons with disabilities with proper ID pay $3.00 round trip. Riders with a Weekly or Monthly Pass add $2.00. Also, on both the Shuttle and Freeway Flyer, U-PASS, Freedom Pass and Commuter Value Pass are accepted as full fare.
OZAUKEE COUNTY EXPRESS
Ozaukee County Express provides half-hour service from 11:30 am to 12:30 am each day, starting at the Saukville Wal-Mart (Hwy 33/Green Bay Ave.). The bus will depart 13 minutes later from the Target/Home Depot (Hwy 60) in Grafton. On weekdays and Saturdays from 5 pm to 9 pm, and Sundays from 1 pm to 6 pm, service increases to every 15 minutes.
Fare is $6.50 round-trip for adults and $3.00 round-trip for children (6-11), seniors (65 and over) and persons with disabilities with proper ID. Riders with Weekly or Monthly Pass add $2.00.
Customers can find additional information and suggested routing via Google Trip Planner by visiting RideMCTS.com, or by calling the 24-hour automated bus information line at 414-344-6711.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man arrested after backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed