Oconomowoc bank held up by serial bank robber
OCONOMOWOC — A lone suspect robbed the Associated Bank on Summit Ave. in Oconomowoc around 11 am. on Wednesday, June 27th.
Investigators say the suspect entered the bank and showed a teller a demand note. After getting an undetermined amount of money, the man took off. No weapon was ever display and no one was injured in the robbery.
The suspect is described as a male, white, 20-25 years old, approximate six feet tall with a thin build and very short, dark hair. He was unshaven with a slight goatee.
The robber was wearing a maroon baseball cap, black-rimmed sunglasses and a gray short sleeved shirt with the words “if I throw a stick, will you leave?” on it. The suspect also had a long sleeve shirt under the gray shirt, dark athletic pants and dark shoes.
The FBI Milwaukee Division says the suspect matches the description of the serial bank robber believed to be responsible for seven other bank robberies.
- April 23, 2012, Johnson Bank, 3928 60th Street, Kenosha, WI
- May 5, 2012, PNC Bank, 2356 W. Washington Avenue, West Bend, WI
- May 18, 2012, Hometown Bank, 245 N. Peters, Fond du Lac, WI
- May 31, 2012, M&I Bank, 1301Hwy 175, Richfield, WI
- June 11, 2012, US Bank, 1472 E. Sumner Street, Hartford, WI
- June 15, 2012, National Exchange Bank, Westfield, WI
- June 27, 2012, Associated Bank, 1456 Summit Ave., Oconomowoc, WI
In one incident, witnesses described his vehicle as a green 1990s Plymouth Voyager or Dodge Caravan that might have a maroon or purple hood.
A joint reward of up to $8,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for this string of bank robberies is being offered by the Wisconsin Bankers Association (WBA) with the help of Johnson Bank and the National Exchange Bank and Trust.
Anyone with information is urged to call their local police or the FBI Milwaukee Division at 414-276-4684.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- FBI looking for two serial bank robbery suspects
- Search for suspect wanted in at least six bank robberies
- Officials looking for bank robbery suspect in Village of Richfield
- Police release surveillance photos from PNC Bank robbery