Milw. Co. Board to look at Sheriff Clarke’s bus patrol proposal
Sheriff Clarke says the patrols are necessary to eliminate crime on buses, which can make riding the bus intimidating and frightening.
Clarke is recommending that 50 job positions be created at a cost of about $6 million a year.
County Executive Chris Abele hasn’t weighed in on this issue. However, Abele has said violence on county buses has gone down in recent years and that the Milwaukee Police Department has the capacity to handle it.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- CUTE ALERT! Baby unable to talk, yet argues with father