Milwaukee Co. deputies arrest man for fifth OWI early Friday
MILWAUKEE — Milwaukee County Sheriff’s deputies arrested 32-year-old Joseph Krahn early Friday for allegedly driving under the influence of drugs.
An off-duty Milwaukee County correctional officer noticed Krahn swerving across all three lanes of traffic on westbound I-94 at Hawley Rd. around 1 a.m. Krahn apparently nearly struck a semi.
The correctional officer followed Krahn’s vehicle as it exited the freeway at National Ave. and parked in front of Aurora Hospital.
Krahn then left the vehicle running and went into the hospital to inquire about a patient.
Deputies arrived a short while later — and arrested Krahn for his fifth OWI related to drugs. This, after his failed sobriety tests and admitted taking prescription medication.
Krahn’s prior OWI convictions occurred in August 2002, two in November 2008, and November 2010.
Krahn faces up to six years in prison if convicted of this newest charge.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- CUTE ALERT! Baby unable to talk, yet argues with father