Summerfest officials modify carry-in policy due to heat
MILWAUKEE — Summerfest officials have modified their carry-in policy Tuesday, July 3rd due to the heat advisory issued by the National Weather Service. Officials are allowing visitors to bring in unopened or empty bottles of water or CamelBaks.
Bubblers allowed for a free water refill for the many taking advantage of the modified carry-in policy and misting stations provided some relief from the heat.
In a release issued Monday, Summerfest officials announced the following additional services, including:
- Misting Stations will be located on the North, Mid and South end of the grounds.
- Increased staff on site to handle medical emergencies.
- Air-conditioned buses will be located on the North, Mid and South end of the grounds for patrons in need of medical services.
- Air-conditioned exhibitor areas are also available including Playstation Experience on the North end of the grounds and Dental Health Spa by Sensodyne & ProNamel at the Mid Gate grass.
- Patrons are encouraged to utilize attractions currently on the Summerfest grounds such as the Klement’s Sausage presents The Elizabeth “Bo” Black Family Fountain with B93.3 and Columbia St. Mary’s Cool Down Lounge with Newstalk 1130 WISN.
- Patrons should be prepared prior to attending Summerfest by dressing appropriately and wearing light colored clothing, hydrating prior to attending and while they are on the Summerfest grounds and taking frequent breaks, utilizing mature trees and covered structures for shade like the BMO Harris Pavilion, JoJo’s Martini Lounge, the Potawatomi Bingo Casino Stage and Pavilion and the Columbia St. Mary’s Cool Down Lounge, which is air conditioned.