West Bend police investigate vandalism to train depot
WEST BEND — West Bend police are investigating vandalism that was done to the city’s renovated train depot.
The graffiti was found on the building Monday morning, July 2nd. The vandals used white spray paint — and painted a Star of David on one side of the building with the letters “GMB.”
Another side of the building were painted with an expletive and the letters “AK-47.”
The vandals also sprayed the white paint on the building’s outdoor bubbler, as well as the walkways near the building.
The West Bend Wisconsin station was built in 1900 by the Chicago & North Western Railroad. The FRVR/Wisconsin Central/CN section crews used it until the line was abandoned, and it was then boarded up.
The Ozaukee Washington Land Trust purchased the depot. Its renovation began in
August 2009 and was completed in December 2009.
- Popular TV program "Cosmos" makes a comeback on FOX Sunday night
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
- Police investigating death of baby boy, mother in custody
- Four teens shot while inside vehicle, one critically injured
- One person killed after car strikes tree in Milwaukee