Gas leak temporarily shuts down part of Highway 100
GREENFIELD — A gas leak temporarily shut down Highway 100 near Layton Ave. for just over a half hour Tuesday, July 3rd.
Greenfield police say a piece of construction equipment struck a gas line in the area.
We Energies repaired the gas leak around 10:20 a.m. and reopened lanes of Highway 100.
Officials say there were no evacuations and no one was injured.
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo