Man trying to “smoke out” squirrels starts grass fire
Mukwonago grass fire
MUKWONAGO — Mukwonago fire officials say a man apparently started a grass fire in a subdivision while trying to “smoke out” squirrels from his property Wednesday, July 4th.
Fire officials say doing this involves lighting a fuse and tossing the fuse into a hole or opening where the critter lives.
Officials say the grass caught fire and spread to about a dozen yards in the subdivision.
No homes were damaged as a result of the fire.
10 departments were called in for mutual aid.
Officials say the man will receive citations because of the burn ban in Mukwonago.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed
- "World's most haunted island" up for auction & could be yours!
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe