Man trying to “smoke out” squirrels starts grass fire

Mukwonago grass fire

Mukwonago grass fire

MUKWONAGO — Mukwonago fire officials say a man apparently started a grass fire in a subdivision while trying to “smoke out” squirrels from his property Wednesday, July 4th.

Fire officials say doing this involves lighting a fuse and tossing the fuse into a hole or opening where the critter lives.

Officials say the grass caught fire and spread to about a dozen yards in the subdivision.

No homes were damaged as a result of the fire.

10 departments were called in for mutual aid.

Officials say the man will receive citations because of the burn ban in Mukwonago.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


Related Stories


Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,296 other followers