We Energies reports 2,800 without power system wide
SOUTHEASTERN WISCONSIN — We Energies has reported about 2,800 customers without power “system wide” on the Fourth of July.
About 1,200 outages have been reported in South Milwaukee, 1,100 in Caledonia, 600 outages in the Waukesha area, 250 in the Milwaukee area and about 180 in the Racine/Kenosha area.
A We Energies spokeswoman said several trees have fallen on power lines, and there have also been cable failures and some equipment replacement issues leading to the outages.
The Caledonia outage was caused by a vehicle that hit a utility pole.
The We Energies spokeswoman says some of these outages could be heat related.
We Energies crews are out working to repair the outages.
CLICK HERE to view power outages on a map, via We Energies website.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Now in custody; woman who vanished after 2013 credit union robbery
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"