Enduring a cold job on a very hot day
MILWAUKEE — At Cathedral Square Park, preparations are under way for
Bastille Days, opening next week.
Dan Miota and his coworkers spend up to 12 hours in the heat getting everything ready for the festival.
He describes this week in one word: “Painful.”
Down at the Milwaukee School of Engineering’s Kern Center, Tom Zienkiewicz is wearing a winter coat to the office.
As the manager for the ice arena, he says that his work days consist of doing maintenance work on the ice.
Two different jobs, two very different environments, but both say they love what they do, even if it’s uncomfortable.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- CUTE ALERT! Baby unable to talk, yet argues with father