Deputy Sheriff’s squad struck on I-894 near Lincoln Ave.
MILWAUKEE – A Milwaukee County deputy sheriff’s squad was struck at about 11:45 a.m. Friday on southbound I-894 just north of Lincoln Avenue in the median distress lane.
The deputy was in a Wisconsin DOT Motorist Assistance pickup truck that provides service to disabled motorists. The deputy suffered minor injuries.
Because a deputy was involved and injured, the West Allis Police Department investigated the crash.
The driver of the Toyota complained of head and shoulder pain and was also conveyed for medical treatment.
The semi driver was issued a citation for Deviation From Designated Lane.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- CUTE ALERT! Baby unable to talk, yet argues with father