Police investigate shooting of pregnant woman, unborn baby
MILWAUKEE — Milwaukee police are investigating the shooting of a pregnant woman on the city’s north side Thursday morning.
The 37-year-old woman was shot just after she dropped off her two-year-old child at a daycare facility on W. Caldwell Court.
Milwaukee Police say the bullet hit the woman directly in her stomach as she walked back to her car. The fetus did not survive.
The woman is being cared for at a hospital and is listed in critical condition.
Police say the suspect has not been caught.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- Rosie O'Donnell 50 pounds lighter! How'd she do it?