Walworth Co. couple accused of child abuse headed to trial
ELKHORN — A Walworth County couple accused of abusing their adopted children will be going to trial.
Kathleen and Martin O’Brien face 17 criminal charges — including ten counts of child abuse.
During their preliminary hearing on Friday, July 6th, a judge ruled there was enough evidence to bind the O’Briens over for trial.
Court papers say their three adopted children were abused over several years. Investigators say the couple made the children stand out in the snow without shoes, stand naked on the back porch, and even pepper-sprayed one child.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo