Gov. Scott Walker to attend four-day NGA meeting
Gov. Scott Walker
Walker said in a statement released Monday, July 9th that he wants to learn about economic development initiatives being pushed in other states.
Walker plans to attend committee meetings that focus on education and workforce and health and human services. Walker has vowed not to move forward with implementing the federal health care overhaul law, even though it was upheld as constitutional by the U.S. Supreme Court.
The meeting comes just over a month after Walker survived a recall vote.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- MISSING: Police ask for your help in locating 13-year-old girl