Wind Lake man arrested for seventh OWI
TOWN OF NORWAY — 48-year-old Thomas Meitner of Wind Lake was arrested for his seventh OWI on Sunday, July 8th in the Town of Norway in Racine County.
A Norway police officer was on patrol in the area of South Wind Lake Road and Cook Drive when he spotted Meitner operating a motorcycle. When Meitner spotted the officer, he reportedly stopped abruptly and dumped the motorcycle onto the pavement.
When approached by the officer, Meitner told the officer he was going to proceed through the intersection without stopping before spotting the officer.
The officer detected an odor of intoxicants and noticed Meitner’s eyes were bloodshot and glassy.
Meitner had his motorcycle instructional permit, which requires he wear a helmet and protective eyewear, which he was not wearing at the time.
The officer reported Meitner performed poorly in field sobriety tests, and blew a .174.
He was also charged with Failure/Improper Stop at a stop sign and No Protective Head Gear.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Now in custody; woman who vanished after 2013 credit union robbery
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him