Man drowns after jumping into Fox River for a swim
OSHKOSH (AP) — Police say an Oshkosh man accidentally drowned after jumping from a bridge into the Fox River for a swim.
Police say 52-year-old Steven M. Macadam was intoxicated when he jumped from the Main Street Bridge in Oshkosh Monday afternoon, July 9th and tried swimming back to the river bank, but went under.
The Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department dive team recovered Macadam’s body. He was pronounced dead at Mercy Medical Center. The police department says the death was ruled an accidental drowning.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- MISSING: Police ask for your help in locating 13-year-old girl
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery