Windows 8 computers to go on sale in October
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Computers running on the next version of Microsoft’s Windows operating system will go on sale in October.
Microsoft Corp. announced the time frame for Windows 8′s mass-market release Monday, July 9th at a company conference in Toronto. A specific sales date in October wasn’t provided.
Most analysts had predicted Windows 8 would go on sale in th fall to ensure the machines running on the operating system would be available for the holiday shopping season;
New versions of Windows typically come out every three years, but this update is the most widely anticipated overhaul of the software since 1995.
Applications will appear in a mosaic of tiles on Windows 8. Microsoft, based in Redmond, Wash., also designed the operating system so it can run on personal computers or touch-based tablet computers.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- MISSING: Police ask for your help in locating 13-year-old girl