Wisconsin Senate to meet next week to transfer power
Fitzgerald, who had been the Republican majority leader, said in a statement Wednesday, July 11th that he is asking senators to meet next week so a new Senate president and president pro tempore can be elected.
A spokeswoman for Sen. Mark Miller, who is the Democratic leader, did not immediately return a message to see if Democrats agreed with Fitzgerald’s plan.
The Legislature is not scheduled to be in regular session again until January.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man arrested after backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed