Vigil held for River Falls girls killed, father charged
MADISON (AP) — Autopsy reports show three sisters found dead in their beds in River Falls suffered neck injuries.
Prosecutors charged the girl’s father, 34-year-old Aaron Schaffhausen of Minot, N.D., with three counts of first-degree intentional homicide Thursday, July 12th. A judge set his bail at $2 million.
According to a criminal complaint, Schaffhausen called the girls’ mother Tuesday and told them he had killed the children.
Police found 11-year-old Amara Schaffhausen, 8-year-old Sophie Schaffhausen and 5-year-old Cecilia Schaffhausen tucked into their beds, blankets up to their necks. Their faces were covered with what appeared to be dried blood.
Autopsy reports cited in the complaint say all three died of what the reports termed “sharp force injury” to the neck. Cecilia also had been strangled.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed
- "World's most haunted island" up for auction & could be yours!
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe