Brewers scratch Greinke from Wednesday start vs. Cardinals
MILWAUKEE (AP) — Milwaukee Brewers starter Zack Greinke has been scratched from his scheduled start against the St. Louis Cardinals on Wednesday, July 18th.
The 2009 American League Cy Young award winner has been the subject of trade speculation, but there was no immediate indication that he had been traded or sustained any significant injury.
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke is expected to address Greinke’s status before Monday night’s game against the Cardinals. Tyler Thornburg will start in Greinke’s place.
Greinke is coming off a rare stretch of three straight starts for the Brewers. He was ejected in the first inning of a July 7 start in Houston, pitched again the next day, then started Milwaukee’s first game after the All-Star break. But Greinke gave up 10 runs in eight-plus innings during those starts.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man in custody after two backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized; cancels Tuesday night show in Kansas City