Detectives search for inmate who escaped from custody
MILWAUKEE — Detectives with the Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Office are searching for an inmate who was out on his first day of court-ordered release at the court-run Day Reporting Center and did not return to custody at the jail.
44-year-old Ferdinand Rivera was released from the County Correctional Facility for his first day of release to the Day Reporting Center just before 8 a.m. Monday, July 16th. He failed to return as scheduled in the afternoon.
Rivera was being jailed for burglary — and expected to be released in January 2013. He has an extensive criminal history that includes 26 adult arrests. They’re for everything from burglary to resisting an officer to aggravated battery.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- "World's most haunted island" up for auction & could be yours!