Vigil held for 18-year-old fatally shot near 69th and Villard
MILWAUKEE — Emotions ran high Tuesday evening, July 17th as a vigil was held for 18-year-old Javon Whiteside. Police say Whiteside was gunned down early Tuesday morning on 69th Street near Villard.
The incident that killed Whiteside was one of three shootings in Milwaukee in a 24-hour period — two of them fatal.
FOX6 News obtained exclusive surveillance video of the car Whiteside was a passenger in following the shooting. The video shows the vehicle pulled over, and a person inside flagged down police. Whiteside was reportedly on his way to the hospital.
Family members say Whiteside graduated from James Madison High School and was planning to go to college in Arizona. Instead, loved ones are now planning his funeral, and wondering why he was murdered.
“What am I going to do? We had so much stuff to do. We didn’t finish doing what we started,” Whiteside’s mom, Juanita Quezaire said.
Family members say Whiteside was called by a friend to visit a home in the area of 69th and Villard, but they fear it was a set up, and the meeting turned into murder.
Police say there are no suspect(s) in custody as a result of this shooting, and their investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information in this case is asked to contact Milwaukee police at (414) 935-7360.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man arrested after backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized; cancels Tuesday night show in Kansas City