Brewers beat Cards 4-3, take 2 of 3 in series
MILWAUKEE (AP) — The Milwaukee Brewers pounced on Adam Wainwright and a shaky St. Louis Cardinals infield early then held on through a nervous ninth inning for a 4-3 victory Wednesday, July 18th.
Francisco Rodriguez walked in a run before getting Lance Berkman to fly out with the bases loaded, nailing down his second save since taking over as the team’s closer Tuesday night.
With the win, the Brewers took two out of three from the Cardinals, who have lost five of six.
Wainwright (7-10) got off to a rough start and didn’t get much help from his infielders, who committed three errors in the Brewers’ four-run first inning – including a pair by shortstop Rafael Furcal.
Deposed closer John Axford (3-6) claimed the win.
- VIRAL: Dash cam shows something shocking, and then...
- Two killed, one hurt in head-on crash, speed possibly a factor
- Who would steal from a baby's grave plot? You won't believe this video
- Waukesha doctor "stunned" after alleged attack, police chase
- 7-year-old girl wakes up for school and finds her parents dead